Sunday, July 26, 2015

Wonder Festival 2015 - Summer Edition

The biggest figure event of the year occurred yesterday in Japan: Wonder Festival (WonFest)! Lasting from 10:00-17:00 JST, a plethora of figures - both new and already announced - were displayed. Compared to last winter's WonFest, this one was a LOT better in my opinion! There was a nice variety of figures from different series instead of a ton from one or two.

Unfortunately for me, WonFest started the exact same time as a Beethoven symphony I was attending. I had to quickly scroll through Twitter at the end of each movement and during intermission! Luckily for me, the figure I was looking forward to seeing the most wasn't shown until the symphony was over. Can you guess which one it is? (Hint: It's Ciel looking extremely fabulous)

Out of all of everything shown at WonFest, here are the ones I 100% plan on ordering once they go up for preorder! My wallet is definitely going to cry, but I feel it'll be worth it; these are real beauties!

First Row
-Nico Yazawa 1/7 scaled figure (Alter)
-Chitoge Kirisaki 1/4 scaled figure (FREEing)
-Nico Yazawa 1/8 scaled figure (Good Smile Company)
-Homura Akemi 1/8 scaled figure (Good Smile Company)

Second Row
-Ciel Phantomhive scaled figure (Aniplex)
-Ciel Phantomhive and Sebastian Michaelis scaled figures (Union Creative)
-Hatsune Miku Racing 2015 (Good Smile Company)
-Link (Majora's Mask ver.) nendoroid

Third Row
-Anna nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
-Hestia nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
-Marth nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
-Kirby nendoroid (Good Smile Company)
-Hatsune Miku 1/7 scaled figure (Max Factory) - might need to see colored version before I decide

The following are ALSO ones I 100% plan on ordering as well! As you can see, there's quite a lot that they couldn't fit in the above collage *nervous laughter*
Kafuu Chino nendoroid (Good Smile Company)

Alice Cartelet nendoroid (Good Smile Company)

Sailor Moon petit charas (Megahouse)

Tomoyo Daidouji figma AND Sakura Kinomoto + Kero figFIX (Max Factory)

Oshino Shinobu 1/8 scaled figure (Kotobukiya)
And now for the ones that I'm on the fence about...
Hatsune Miku 1/7 scaled figure (Max Factory)

Honma Meiko scaled figure (Aquamarine)

Sengoku Nadeko scaled figure (Good Smile Company)

Hatsune Miku 1/7 scaled figure (Max Factory)
Lastly, here is what I would buy in a heartbeat if I didn't feel terrible spending an exorbitant amount of money at once. She is so beautiful!
Akuma Homura 1/3 hybrid active figure (Azone)
What did you think of this summer's WonFest? What figures are you looking forward to preordering? Let me know in the comment box below!

Thank you for reading! Please look forward to my next post~

No comments:

Post a Comment