Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Monthly Haul: March 2015 ♥

Hey lovelies! It's that time again where I showcase my monthly haul! March's haul mostly contained a lot of Kuroshitsuji. I've always loved the series (I actually prefer the manga- anime is way too messy and inaccurate) and finally was able to obtain a lot of my grail items! Of course, they all center around my husband Ciel Phantomhive :')
Warning: Photo heavy!

Here's my March loot, minus a Kuroshitsuji artbook:
While on the topic of Kuroshitsuji, I'll start with the artbook!
If most of you don't know by now, I LOVE artbooks and love collecting them from my favorite series. CLAMP's art has always been my favorite, but Yana Toboso's illustrations are just as beautiful.
I bought this for myself as a congratulatory gift for getting on the dean's list last term. The book is hardbound and comes with two black ribbons that you can tie together to close the book on the side! Very pretty decoration.

Here are a few sample photos of what's inside~
Next up are the three Ciel figures!
The first is a prize figure made by Sega.
He is a little under 6 inches tall, not including the base. Pretty tiny, but he's pretty detailed for the size! Just look at that adorable face *-*
His cane is removable.
Next we have Kotobukiya's Ciel from their ARTFX-J line. He sits on a black knight chess piece, which is often symbolized throughout the story as his butler Sebastian Michaelis.
Very beautiful box design

I had some difficulty getting Ciel's foot into the socket at the bottom of the horse >.> He looks so awesome though! His mouth could've been better, but I'm still happy with the end result. The reins are also movable and flexible!
Last on the Ciel figure list is his nendoroid! This has been one of my grails for so long and I finally caved in and bought him! He was pretty pricey, as he is a rare and older nendoroid, but so worth it. Look how tiny and adorable bocchan is! *squeals*
Ciel comes with Sebastian parts- you can't have Ciel without tea! (and of course, Sebastian~)
I just want to pinch those cheeks and watch him do this facial expression *-*
I ordered the latest Animedia issue. Why? Well isn't it obvious?
Sebastian and Ciel were on the cover and there were about 8-10 colored illustrations inside *-* This huge poster was a treat too. It's currently situated on my door right in front of my bed hehe.
Finally I ordered this adorable Sebastian keychain/phone jack charm! I'm not sure if I'll take him out of the plastic or not.
I have been waiting for almost two months for this Sonico figure... The wait was worth it though. She's way too adorable! A few paint flaws, but she's a prize figure so I wasn't really expecting much.
Overall her design and sculpt are amazing! Definitely my favorite Sonico prize figure at the moment and am looking forward to future fairy tale Sonicos~
Finally we enter the Card Captor Sakura zone!

This is her first S.H. Figuarts figure by Bandai. I was worried I would hate her thanks to Sailor Moon's S.H. Figuarts quality, but she actually turned out quite well! Her facial expression plates are adorable and she's so tiny!!
The box has a cute plastic slip over it.

I can't get enough of the packaging. Absolutely gorgeous!


The first edition comes with the cherry blossom background, as well as a huge magic circle bandana! (No photos though- apologies)

Her quality definitely improved compared to the Sailor Moon line. I am excited for her 2nd OP one now!
The second FuRyu prize figure of Ms. Sakura Kinomoto~ This one is called "lovely kitten" and features the outfit she wears when she captures the Thunder Card (anime version).
The box design is so adorable. FuRyu's getting so much better with their packaging!


Her hair has definitely improved compared to her 1st OP FuRyu figure. Here's to hoping it continues to improve!
Finally, we have the first two volumes of Card Captor Sakura. This makes the fourth different style of manga I have of the series. In honor of Nakayoshi's 60th Anniversary, the magazine where Card Captor Sakura was first published in, nine new volumes are coming out!
And by new, I mean it's the same story, just different (and new) covers.
The gold is super shiny and reflective! Very pretty design.

Each volume comes with a card. Collect all nine to create the illustration!
Thank you for reading my blog post~ Stay tuned for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment