Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Monthly Haul: February 2015 ♥

It's been a while since I've done a haul post! I apologize for the lack of updating over the last several months. School has been hectic (but well worth it- I got dean's list!) and I've been busy trying to find an internship for co-op this summer. Despite all of this though, I have bought a ton of goodies that I am excited to share with all of you!

First up is Prize F from the latest Card Captor Sakura ichiban kuji: a teacup featuring the Sealing Key! It is the same size as a teacup and made of porcelain, making it perfect for tea time (although I will be keeping mine on display heh).
Photo was taken off my twitter since I can't seem to locate the original file. Please pardon the watermark >.>
Below the teacup we have the beautiful Sailor Moon prize A figure from yet another ichiban kuji lottery! She was one of my most coveted items and I snagged her for a very good price!

She is surprisingly lightweight and very detailed! Definitely my favorite Sailor Moon figure at the moment.
While on the topic of ichiban kuji lottery prizes, I also snagged the prize A figure of Sakura Kinomoto from the first Card Captor Sakura ichiban kuji. I honestly don't know why I waited so long to get her, as she is adorable! Despite the complaints several people had in regards to assembling her, I found it easy.


One of the support stands for the Sealing Wand wings doesn't really do its job, but she is still standing upright perfectly fine without that one support so I can't complain.
Next up are two Sailor Moon atsumete figure for girls prize figures (wow that was a mouthful)! Venus and Chibiusa have always been my favorites, so I had to get them.

Adorable and tiny! They're around 4 inches each.


Madoka Kaname is next! I am trying to finish completing this particular Madoka Magica scaled figures set and I found Madoka for cheap, so I thought "why not!" Good Smile Company has never disappointed me (so far, at least) so I was pretty excited to receive her.

Now I just need Sayaka and Kyouko!

Tomoyo Sakagami from CLANNAD! She's HUGE - 1/7 scale (roughly 10 inches tall)! Definitely one of the taller figures I own. I was hesitant on keeping her, not because I didn't like her as a character, but because I didn't know how she would look. I have never ordered anything from Kotobukiya's 4LEAVES line, so I was hesitant, but I am happy that I stuck with it! She came out beautiful. She's easy to put onto her base, but her glasses were a bit of a pain to put in between her finger. It's very fragile, so it's easy to break; be careful! Luckily, a spare pair of glasses is included.

Bonus:
Tomoyo is a semi-cast off!
It is embarrassing to admit how much I spent just for this damn bear, but it's from Card Captor Sakura so I have no shame! For those of you who are unfamiliar with the series in general, or have never read the manga (the anime bears look vastly different in comparison to their manga counterparts), Sakura and Syaoran make bears for each other during the 'master of the clow' arc! While in the anime Sakura doesn't make a bear for Syaoran and Syaoran is the one who gives her it at the end (or actually, Sakura asks to have it), in the manga both make a bear and Sakura is the one who gives her bear to Syaoran as he is leaving for Hong Kong. I'm biased; I prefer the manga ending over the anime ending. It's a lot cuter and more romantic (it's a shoujo series after all!).

Anyways, this bear is the coveted prize B from Animate's ani-kuji lottery. The Sakura bear and Syaoran bear both came with a little illustration of the two holding each other's bears. This bear is quite huge actually and doesn't sit very well, so it's sadly laying in one of my Kallax shelves.
Card Captor Sakura clear file set of two! These are made by Movic and were sold at the Card Captor Sakura exhibits around Japan.
Finally, my most favorite artbooks as of late:
CLAMP Pia book and two Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle artbooks! These are very rare and are very expensive. You wouldn't believe how much I paid for them T_T They were so worth it though!
The first artbook comes with a clear file of the group~


The second artbook didn't come with anything special.

Finally, the CLAMP Pia book! This book features CLAMP's works in a newspaper format with some pages featuring illustration from their most popular works. This book does come with a bonus: postcards!


Thank you for viewing and I hope you look forward to the next haul~

No comments:

Post a Comment