Sunday, June 29, 2014

Monthly Haul: May 2014 ♥

Hello lovelies! It's been a while since I've done one of these. I'm going to try to do a "monthly haul" post containing preorders, side-orders, etc. every month. I will not write how much each cost, unless it was such a bargain that I can't help but to share (particularly if it's a limited and/or exclusive item).

This is the entirety of my May haul, excluding my The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds gashapon set! Surprisingly, only two of these items were preorders! Can you guess which ones? (Hint: one of them contains multiple items, but they're considered 'one' preorder since it's a set!)

I will go in the order in which I received my items.
My first package was this adorable sitting Homura Akemi & Kyubey figure, Super Sonico "after bath" FuRyu figure, and four Puella Magi Madoka Magica: The Rebellion Movie ichiban kuji figures!

The Sonico "after bath" figure by FuRyu is so cute! These are normally prize figures, but they have great detail and are decent size (~7.5 inches tall) for being a prize figure! Sometimes, I prefer these over scaled because not only are they cheaper, but they're at times more detailed! She isn't glued to the stool nor are there any pegs to put her butt on, so you have to position her right so she sits without falling over! The stool has some butt imprints though, so that should help *laughs* You also put the hair dryer into her hand too and it slips right in!

Here is the Homura and Kyubey figure! This is one of the more rare figures from the Madoka Magica series. They pop up occasionally on Yahoo Japan Auctions. Her base is white and circular, which is sort of annoying to fit into your collection. She just sits right on top without anything to attach to and she also sits fine on other surfaces in case you don't want the base. The same goes with Kyubey. I do have to note though that he was EXTREMELY hard to get out of the packaging... His tail is really angled and pushed in there, so it was really difficult to get him out. Other than her face, she is pretty cute looking and detailed.


I ordered these off of Yahoo Japan Auctions, so they weren't blind boxes since the seller posted what I was getting. Homura and Madoka's bases have the ability to be connected together, as pictured in the second photo! It's one of my favorite figures; I can't get over how cute it it! >//< (one of my favorite OTPs too!)
The second package to arrive:
My Homura Akemi beach queens version 2 figure! She is my first beach queens and was one of the two preorders I had for May. For anyone unfamiliar with them, they are a series manufactured by Wave and all beach queens figures are 1/10 scale... It's ridiculously tiny for such an enormous price (retail price for this one was around 5,100 yen)! Whenever the character is included with an accessory, the price tends to be much higher than those without an accessory...


This is what she looks like out of the box! You cant see her base, but it's a yellow hexagon shape that you can attach to other beach queens figures. Homura comes with two hair pieces, two bangs pieces, and her glasses (which are removable by the way, so you can stick them on the red ribbon bangs piece). Even though she was pricey, I don't regret this purchase and think she is absolutely adorable!
My third package to arrive was:
Asuna's "New wives always say yes" 1/8 scaled figure by Chara-Ani and Toy's Works! She has been one of my wish listed items and I wasn't planning on getting her, but HLJ was having a sale, so I had to snag her while I could! She was very cheap (around 3000+ yen) without shipping. I'm so glad I got her because she sold out very quickly!

Apologies for the terrible lighting. This is what Asuna looks like out of the box! She comes with a HUGE clear circular base, which is sort of irritating since I had to make space thanks to her large base... Her pillow isn't connected anywhere on her, so you can position it wherever you want. Her skirt is removable, making her panties visible! >:) She wouldn't necessarily be a NSFW figure, but you CAN see the lips of her vagina (which was nicely sculpted, by the way. I see they took the time to do that right). Despite her large base, she is one of my favorite figures! Definitely gorgeous and worth the money.
My next package arrived from Jlist:
Sailor Moon compact gashapon set! These were my second and final preorder for the month of May. They are originally available via gashapon machines throughout Japan, but Jlist took the time to make sure everyone who ordered them got all 5 instead of random! Normally I try to stay away from Jlist, as they overcharge a lot of products that you can get elsewhere, but sometimes you can't avoid them! Jlist was the only site who had these up for preorder, so I caved in. When I preordered them, they were $22 without shopping. Now since they're released, I think the price rose to $28 :/

They are SUPER shiny!! *-* I missed out the first time these babies were released, so I'm glad I snagged them the second time around! They are decent sized and open up, revealing a tiny mirror inside (and an ugly yellow base).
Finally, my last May package:
This little thing cost $30+ to ship! >.> and just for SAL small packet registered too... Anyways! I got the green jester Sakura Kinomoto Sega figure, a sitting Sakura Kinomoto desk figure, the Sailor Mercury Girls' Memories figure, and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 4KOMA manga!

This is the Sakura Kinomoto green jester outfit figure by Sega! She is pretty nice for a prize figure. Her face isn't great, but she was cheap so I didn't expect anything. Her base is very pretty though and she's decent sized! A tiny bit smaller than the Sakura Kinomoto FuRyu figure.

I previously had this figure, but someone stole it from me when I was younger! :( I have a couple others from this set, but I have yet to find them yet. They're somewhere at my dad's house. I realize her wand is bent, but it's a manufacturer error; not a bootleg. They're all like that unfortunately.


The Sailor Mercury Girls' Memories figure! She is SUPER tiny but extremely adorable! I need to get Moon, Mars, and Luna now to complete the set! ^o^
...Although I said that was my final May package, I DID make a couple video game purchases.

The first one was Mario Kart 8! I've been anxiously waiting for this game ever since it was first announced, so of course I got it on release day!
Since I preordered it, Game Stop gave me a free poster (which is pretty small, actually. I'm a little disappointed). My boyfriend hates using the Wii U Game Pad, so he bought himself a Pro Controller... in white since they ran out of black. Let me just say that the game is AMAZING and definitely the best game on Wii U right now. I will definitely be writing a review on it sometime in the future!

The second game I purchased was Child of Light. I ran out of games to play and I've heard great reviews about it, so I thought: why not? It wasn't that expensive to purchase from the Wii U eShop. It's a fantasy RPG game, a genre that I love, and it's pretty great so far! I have yet to finish it, but once I have, I will do a review on it!

Finally, I purchased The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap off of the Wii U eShop! Sadly, I do not own the original GBA version of it, so I had to purchase this! (Not that I mind). It's a great game, just like every Zelda game, and I would love to own the original so I can replay this game on the system it was created for!

I hope you enjoyed my May haul ^o^ Look forward to June's!

1 comment:

  1. I bought my daughter Homura Akemi beach queens for her birthday a few years back and it wasn't as expensive as it is now. I do agree that when it comes to adding the accessories, it becomes even more expensive. But the good thing is that the value of this doll goes up, which could make her some money years from now.

    Kurt Bohling @ Philadelphia Mail Room

    ReplyDelete