Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Recent Buys ♡

I've purchased quite a few things recently and haven't made a post about any of the items! So this will be a master post of a lot of goods that I have bought over the past month.

The first item I received lately was this Club Nintendo calendar! Back in August, gold and platinum members could choose a prize based on their status (gold or platinum). Unfortunately, I wasn't platinum yet, and by the time I reached it, it was past August --" I REALLY wanted the Majora's Mask soundtrack, but I couldn't get it so I just chose this calendar instead.

There are twelve different designs based on popular Nintendo games, ranging from Super Mario Brothers to The Legend of Zelda to Pokemon (among others).

This one was my favorite! Not only because it features illustrations from The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD but because it's also my birthday month! What a coincidence ^^ This is the front side.

And this is the back side! The calendar comes with a little stand so you can stand it on your desk. It is made of very high quality paper and I am satisfied with this despite not being able to get the Majora's Mask soundtrack.
Up next is my first order from CDJapan! I preordered this Mikasa Ackerman wall scroll months ago and it finally got released! I chose Air Mail and it shipped rather fast! Unfortunately the scroll was a LOT smaller than I expected, especially for the hefty price I paid, but it's still cute regardless.

This is what it looks like hung up! Yay for official merchandise!
Next up is Duck Tales for the Wii U. I didn't purchase this, but rather I won 3rd place in Nintendo Life's "duck face" competition they held over Twitter. It's always nice to win something and get free gifts! Thank you Nintendo Life.
Here we have another gift from Club Nintendo! This was a set of three posters featuring illustrations from the recent Zelda game A Link Between Worlds (which is PHENOMENAL, by the way, and I will write a review soon). These are printed on high quality glossy paper and are quite huge, so I won't be able to put them in my room. I do plan on getting them framed and hang them up in my future game room!
From AmiAmi, I have received a Chimi Chara Mikasa Ackerman keychain that was created by Broccoli. It was an impulse preorder at the time, and now that I received it, I'm not sure if I want to keep it. I really loved her chibi design, which is one of the reasons why I preordered this in the first place, but I will most likely put this up for sale sometime soon. I chose registered SAL shipping and it took about 3 weeks to arrive in the States. It was nicely packaged and wasn't damaged at all.
When you take it out of the package, there is this little film that protects the keychain from scratches.
The next item I received was this mini Sailor Moon plush from CDJapan! I preordered her first since I was hesitant whether or not I would like the plush, and now that I received her, I want them all! Unfortunately the box set has been sold out on numerous sites, so I just preordered the rest of them individually >.> She is absolutely adorable and although I have not taken her out of her bag, I can tell she is made of high quality material! She also appears much softer than past versions.
Finally here is a haul from my recent New York City trip!

Here is the first item I will be talking about. It's a second version of the SQ Banpresto prize figure, and the only difference between the first run is the base. This version is a hexagon, and as you can see from the back design (pictured below), you can put all of the girls together! Much better looking than the spherical bases that the first SQ figures had. I purchased this from Image Anime for $50.

Here is what she looks like put together! She is a bit top-heavy, so you have to make sure her feet are securely fastened to the base.

The only complaint I have is that she seems to be used. Her nose is dirty and some of her have paint errors (random splotches at the top of her head), which is a little upsetting, but it isn't that noticeable unless you look closely at her.


Next up is the Nendoroid Petit! It's a blind box and this time I got Sayaka Miki in her magical girl attire! Like the Homura nendoroid petit I got a couple months back, this one is very difficult to assemble - at least the base is. I'm not sure why they are so hard to put together! They are so cute too… It's a little upsetting. I paid $15 for the blind box, which is a little pricey considering I can get her off eBay for a couple dollars cheaper, but it's convenience so I'll pay the $15.

The other items - Origins face wash and the Toad plush - I felt weren't necessary to really review on here. I used the Origins face wash for months now and absolutely love it. My face is combination and I think it works nicely. The Toad plush is actually a gift I bought for my old roommate in conjunction with WarioWare: Smooth Moves!

The next post will be a Christmas haul, so stay tuned and Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment